Welcome! This blog is designed to provide inspiration to all my customers, family and friends who love stamping and creating as much as I do. I continue to upload projects to the galleries as time permits so visit often to see what's new. Stay tuned to the main blog for class information and news from Stampin' Up! I welcome all feedback so please leave your comments. Thanks for visiting and enjoy!

Birthday Cards For Brothers

In March we celebrated birthdays for 2 of my brothers. We no longer buy gifts for each other but I still wanted to give them each something. For my youngest brother I made him a cowboy boot card...which if you know him is perfect! The card turned out huge however and I tried to make an envelope which didn't work so I resorted to making a simple box out of retired SU paper and then I tied it with some leather cording. Its hard to see in the picture but the boot is stamped and distressed using ink along the edges as well as the marker spritzer. I used the big shot for the label (handle) on the top of the boot as well as a snowflake for the spur. I found the boot shape by searching on Google.



For my older brother who has always been a Star Wars fan I made him a very unique card. On the outside it just looks like a present but on the inside........



.....Darth Vader pops up! This is a printable template that I found HERE. This was my first attempt at a pop up card and it was labour intensive and kinda hard to follow the assembly directions. I think it turned out pretty good considering. You can colour the image in as well but I though I would keep things simple for the first one. Next time I may go for something simple like the birthday cake!

No comments: