This is the birthday invite I made for my daughters 7th birthday party. Thankfully I only had to make 4 of them because even though they look simple they were time consuming. I used 2 retired stamp sets (Birthday Whimsy and Elegant Invitation) and one retired ink (Purely Pomegranate). I also used Whisper White and Pretty in Pink cardstock, Pretty in Pink and Regal Rose ink and the Big Shot and Texturz Plates. Each balloon was stamped and cut out with paper snips, and then the string was attached to the back and the balloon was then popped up with dimensionals. Once all 3 were glued down the string was tied in a knot and attached with a glue dot. The present in the center was cut out and popped up with dimensionals while the other 2 were stamped directly onto the card using the Stamp a Majig to position them each slightly on an angle.
The birthday party was this past weekend and while it was a crazy 2 hours everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. My daughter spent lots of time with the Big Shot and my scrap paper to create lots of butterflies and flowers for the girls to use in crafts. They decorated crowns and their 'goodie' bags and would have decorated some purses and cake shaped boxes that we pre cut with the Cricut but we ran out of time. They also made some candy necklaces (out of string licorice and every candy I could find with a hold in the middle), and put them in a box to take home.
I learned a few important lessons during our craft time......1. glue from the dollar store does not work...2.glitter glue from the dollar store does not dry within 2 hours......3. have lots of Tombow on hand (and be willing to watch 7 year olds use LOTS and be okay with it)...4. next time just let them play tag, bat balloons around and eat lots of candy since that seemed to be what they liked to do best!!
At the end of it all I was glad that I put the effort into it that I did because she was one happy Birthday Girl, which is all that matters.
No comments:
Post a Comment